Group Director of Finance, Paphos – GDF/07/19
Our client, a well-established Group of Companies operating in construction industry is currently looking for a high calibre professional for the position of the Director of Finance to join their Leadership Team and reporting to the CEO of the Group.
Position’s Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with senior management to grow the businesses formulating strategies and plans
- Contribute fully to the development of company strategy across all areas of the business, challenging assumptions and decision-making as appropriate and providing financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business drivers
- Ensure that company financial systems are robust, compliant and can support current activities and future growth
- Lead and develop finance teams
- Lead and manage the budgeting process
- Manage overall cash management on an ongoing basis
- Formulation of annual budgets, KPIs, benchmarks and targets
- Overall control of all financial transactions and accountancy matters, including audit systems in order to ensure compliance with all statutory requirements
- To ensure the accurate and timely preparation of management accounts, the effective operation and development of management systems for all accounting & finance functions
- To be responsible and oversee the preparation of appropriate financial reports for review by management
- To plan implement and develop the Finance Team operating procedures
- To lead, initiate and liaise with auditors, business advisers and funding partners
- To develop the Management Information Systems, with an emphasis on effective financial control procedures
- Provide leadership to the company’s finance department in order to optimise the company’s financial performance and strategic position
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA) and a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field. An undergraduate or a postgraduate degree in a Business or Commercial related subject will be considered an additional qualification for the role
- Proven experience in direct management and supervision of a finance team with at least 7 years relevant work experience
- Experience in Construction/Development industry will be considered as an advantage
- Proven experience in budget preparation, setting and monitoring and financial forecasting
- Proven experience in preparing and presenting financial and management accounts, reports and data
- Experience of liaising with auditors, business advisers and board members
- Excellent communication and management skills
- Excellent knowledge of Greek and English language, oral and written
- Operating under pressure
- Meeting deadlines
- Proven negotiating skills
- Strong IT skills e.g. Excel, Access, Word, Power Point.
- Good working knowledge of current accounting software systems (ERP systems).
- Team leader/team player.
- Ability to set targets, motivate and inspire staff to achieve targets