Retail Manager, Nicosia – RMN/08/19
Our client a well-established group operating in the retail industry, is searching to hire an experienced professional to expand its team
Position’s Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage Store management in setting goals that promote company growth.
- Oversee daily activity of the team and review on a monthly basis and manage the controllable costs of stores.
- Work closely with the Marketing and Merchandise teams to promote the sales of the products and the brand.
- Manages stock levels, consolidations and allocations to the stores.
- Communicates regularly with the Warehouse and merchandisers for any stock related issues.
- Compile Commercial Sales Reports at the end of each season or as often as needed.
- Follows the correct Visual Merchandising principles set by the business.
- Improves existing systems and policies.
- Ensures customer requirements are met in a timely manner.
- Promotes and enforces safety in the workplace.
- Perform training and other sessions.
- Weekly audit all stores on commercial and operational processes.
- Analyse and evaluate current practices and provide solutions to improve the application of policy, processes and procedures.
- Work with Store Managers to identify issues underlying under-performance of stores /sections; provide advice and coaching in how to resolve these issues and make recommendations to improve based on concrete findings.
- Drive the co-operation among all different departments within the business and lead through meetings and role modelling.
- Provide coaching and support to Store Management to help them meet their targets
- Support the development of new Management trainees and other relevant training programs.
- Monitor and take action to comply with legal and company requirements.
- To assist the Operations Manager in any business-related issues – e. stock take, store openings, training & development of people, handling of Theft & Loss cases internal and external, handling of Health & safety issues, relief in place of absence of the Operations Manager.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar position in the retail sector with proven track record
- Acquiring a degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Human Resources or any other related field
- Strong financial results orientation
- Excellent interpersonal and people management skills
- Strong computer literacy (MS Office), especially in excel
- Fluency in Greek and English