Learning and Development Manager, Nicosia – LDM/08/19
Our client, a well-established group that operates in the retail industry, is looking to enrich its HR team
Position’s Duties and Responsibilities
This person will be involved and responsible for Strategic HR Management, Learning & Development, Employee Relations and Communication, On-Boarding, Performance Appraisal and Compensation and Benefits
More specifically the job holder will
- Review and ensures the implementation, in collaboration with the Group HR, of the Group’s Learning & Development (L&D) strategy.
- Review, monitor and analyse the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) of the staff against the strategic business objectives of the Group, in collaboration with the Group HR.
- Review the design and promote the implementation of relevant HR policies.
- Monitor the process followed to identify relevant training needs of the Group’s staff members.
- Approve the design of the L&D curriculum for all levels and ad-hoc L&D initiatives as per the identified Group needs.
- Approve the use of learning methods (e.g. e-learning, role-playing, workshops etc.) and assess their effectiveness for Group purposes while remaining up to date with innovative learning methods.
- Ensure the appropriate organisation of internal training seminars.
- Ensure compliance with local labor law, relevant employment and health and safety legislation.
- Ensure implementation of leave management procedures, Group Code of Conduct, disciplinary procedures etc.
- Develop and ensure that the employee handbook is up to date and understandable and takes all necessary steps to verify staff awareness of HR policies and practices.
- Provide mechanisms of personnel support and handling of personnel complaints, promoting open lines of communication within the Group.
- Approve, in collaboration with the Group HR, the on-boarding process of new personnel and ensures the appropriate L&D experience/courses are undertaken.
- Approve, in collaboration with the Group HR, and ensures the implementation of the Groups’ Performance Appraisal and feedback process.
- Ensure that the Group’s relevant HR systems are operating effectively and are utilized appropriately. Remains up to date with relevant systems/software.
- Review the design of the Group’s reward schemes and ensures the application of relevant processes.
- Acquiring a Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Human Resource Management, Organizational Behaviour or in any other related field
- At least 5 years’ experience in the HR field. Experience in a related industry will be considered as an advantage
- Excellent knowledge of the Greek and English language
- Strategic thinking
- Project management skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Good communication skills