Commercial Business Analyst, Athens – CBA/11/19
Our client, a well established company in the hospitality industry, is searching for a Commercial Business Analyst to be based in Athens.
Manage, develop, and enhance meaningful reports, analysis, forecasts and insights from various data sources to support the commercial (Sales, Marketing & PR) teams. This position requires a person who is comfortable with servers, databases, SQL (Structured Query Language), and ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) processes, as they will be responsible for managing multiple data sources, standardizing, and storing them appropriately in databases that they access. To be successful in this position, candidates will need to take ownership of the cleanliness, quality and timeliness of the data and resulting reports, and not merely shepherd it from one system to another. Workflows that are designed by the Analyst will be used widely to move and transform data, preparing it for reporting and further consumption by partners within commercial and hotel operations.
This role is also responsible for ensuring a close partnership with a broad set of business stakeholders to gain in-depth understanding of business strategy, processes, services, road map and the context in which the business operates. The individual will serve as an internal point of contact and key liaison between business and various external/internal stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, statistics or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 3 years of business analysis experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point) required. CRM/ Salesforce/ Business Insight Systems/ Internet proficiency required. Knowledge of or the ability to learn in-house reservations system required.
- Strong understanding of (and experience working with) database architecture and the management / synthesis of data distributed across multiple systems
- Mastery of the following analytical tools: modeling and reporting in Excel/Access and SQL
- Excellent analytical skills and high degree of business acumen
- Strong organizational, communication and presentation skills
- Proven ability in handling concurrent projects with attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and trouble-shooting skills.
- Experience in advanced analytic and statistical techniques related multivariate and A/B testing, digital revenue attribution, customer segmentation and marketing effectiveness
- Experience building and automating management level reporting
- Experience working with large sets of data
- Experience in statistical analysis (SAS or R)