Logistics Manager, Nicosia – LM/02/20
Our client, a well-established group operating in the Retail sector is looking to hire a high caliber professional to join their team in Nicosia
Position’s Duties and Responsibilities
- Strategically plan and manage logistics and warehouse functions
- Effectively manage the Logistics Budget
- Organize and improve the group’s supply chain, allocating and managing staff resources according to changing needs.
- Keep track of quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery time and staff’s efficiency
- Plan and organize warehouse space, routes and process shipments
- Continually try to improve and develop business performance within the constraints of legislation, fuel costs and rising environmental pressures
- Manage all international and inland transport costs
- Effectively manage the group’s fleet.
- Use IT systems to manage stock movement and storage, and delivery times
- Deal with all legal issues and regulations regarding import, storage and distribution of goods
- Manage all shipments and routes to achieve target lead times of the supply chain
- Provide first level support on systems and procedures to all warehouse personnel
- Liaise with suppliers to resolve issues and achieve smoother and faster deliveries
- Comply with legislation and HACCP requirements
- Drive cultural and behavioural change.
- Allocate and manage staff resources according to changing needs
- Determine staffing requirements.
- Establish good relationship with staff; provide basic counselling where required.
- Organize human resources to achieve predetermined targets.
- Analyse and evaluate current practices and provide solutions to improve the application of policy and procedures.
- Resolve any arising problems, complaints and be responsible for conflict resolution.
- Action and implement disciplinary procedures.
- Co-ordinate recruitment activities and analyse employment trends internally and externally.
- Plan, co-ordinate and perform initial and other relevant trainings.
- Manage staff’s Performance Development Reviews.
- Establish and monitor measures to achieve individual and group productivity targets
- Use data from IT systems to evaluate performance and quality and to plan improvements
- University degree in Logistics, Mathematics, Financial Management, Statistics or any other relevant field
- At least 5 years of working experience in Logistics Field, in a managerial position
- Strong Analytical, Numerical and Financial Modeling skills
- Strong planning and organizing skills as well as detail orientation and business acumen
- Very good Knowledge of Greek and English Language
- Experience with ERP is required. Experience with Navision will be considered as an advantage