Access Networks Planning Engineer, Nicosia, Cyprus – ANPE/07/20
Our client, a well established Telecommunications company is looking to employ a dynamic professional to enhance its team
The Access Networks Planning Engineer, will be responsible for the designing, planning, dimensioning and reporting activities related to the mobile access networks. Additionally, the Access Networks Planning Engineer will be providing cost optimized, reliable and high performance mobile access networks, according to overall strategic targets and the guidelines given by the Access Network Planning Manager.
Position’s Duties and Responsibilities
- Issues the design, planning and dimensioning (hardware and software) of the mobile access networks (incl. BSCs, RNCs, BTS, NodeBs and eNodeBs).
- Prepares all necessary configuration details of elements that the team is responsible for.
- Reviews the configuration changes that were sent to managed service provider concerning the mobile access networks elements.
- Helps in preparing the necessary design and configuration for the implementation of new nodes.
- Prepares performance reports.
- Reviews optimization proposals from managed service provider and ensures that they are aligned with the epic strategy and interests.
- Follows up with managed service provider the optimization of underperforming cells and problematic areas.
- Prepares configuration changes and implementations of new elements in the mobile access networks.
- Helps in the preparation of ordering of hardware, features, functionalities and software releases for the mobile access networks.
- Participates and validates the acceptance tests of new elements and features in the mobile access networks, during the First Office Application Phase.
- Monitors overall network impact of proposed configuration changes.
- Studies new technologies and proposes improvements in the mobile access networks.
- Documents network configurations and solutions, maintaining an updated library with the configurations of the network.
- Monitors daily health of the Access Network Elements and works to solve issues that might arise
- Receives and troubleshoots customer complaints as reported by Customer Care agents in a timely manner
- Acquiring a BSc in Computing Science, Electronic Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering, Master preferably in Telecommunications or Networks
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in Mobile Radio Networks
- Good knowledge of mobile network concepts, architectures and communication flows
- Good knowledge of mobile radio and access networks optimization concepts and processes.
- Good knowledge of switching protocols, e.g. SS7, SIGTRAN
- Good knowledge of LAN/WAN switching/routing technologies and protocols
- Capability to generate and analyse measurement reports
- Good knowledge of Unix or Linux
- Fluent written and spoken Greek and English