Senior Systems Engineer, Nicosia – SSEN/07/20
Our client, a well established telecoms company, is looking to employ a senior systems engineer
Our client is currently looking for a Senior Systems Engineer. The successful candidate will be responsible for the deployment, administration, operation and backup of servers and storage elements infrastructure, as well as installation and configuration of software, monitoring tools and operating systems, onsite and on cloud, Open stack experience will be a plus.
Position’s Duties and Responsibilities
The installation, deployment, administration, maintenance, monitor, operation and backups of:
servers and systems onsite and on cloud,
storage elements infrastructure, onsite and on cloud
server and system, hardware, software, operating system (Linux/Windows), network and monitoring tools, onsite and on cloud.
VMWare and Hyper-V Administrations
Active Directory, File Server
- Familiar with HP/Huawei/IBM Technologies
- The installation, maintenance, administration and configuration of the Virtualization Infrastructure of the company.
- Execution of infrastructure Work Orders and directives, onsite and on cloud
- Will follow all written procedures, designs and Work Orders, and will assist the Infrastructure Operational Manager as requested.
- Provide support and instructions in his/her areas of expertise to the all company departments, partners and vendors.
- Monitor health and performance of systems infrastructure, onsite and on cloud
- Monitor system logs for health and security reasons, onsite and on cloud
- Take traces and logs for troubleshooting system issues, onsite and on cloud
- Assist in the creation of installation guides or documentation, for onsite and on cloud deployments
- Report operational / design / Work Orders problems/inconsistencies to the Manager for onsite and on cloud deployments.
- Performs weekly/monthly/quarterly reports as requested for onsite and on cloud
- Reports root cause analysis, fault and other operational reports for onsite and on cloud
- Reports on performance, utilization and usage of resources as requested for onsite and cloud
- Upholds defined and agreed KPIs
- Infrastructure housekeeping and visual inspection
- BSc in Computer Science, MIS, Electronics/Computer Engineering
- Minimum 4 years of experience in IT infrastructure System Engineering position
- Preferred 1 year experience in open stack infrastructure
- Advanced communication, reporting and interpersonal skills
- Solid technical background