MIS Director – MISD/07/20
Our client, a well established company that operates in the travel industry, is searching for an MIS Director to join the team in Athens, Greece or to work remotely from any other EU country
He or she will develop and oversee the prompt and accurate implementation of the company’s strategy and associated policies, procedures, guidelines and IT solutions, so as to ensure that they continuously support the current and future Company’s needs, as well as the efficient and effective operation of all Company’s Departments.
Position’s Duties and Responsibilities
- Strategic Leadership of IT function with a strong IT vision and implementation
- Supporting role to all departments within the business in their IT requirements and management information systems
- Leads the IT strategic and operational planning, by fostering innovation, prioritizing IT initiatives, and coordinating the evaluation, deployment and management of current and future IT systems across the Company, in order to achieve strategic goals.
- Develops, monitoring, and directs the improvement of both existing and new IT processes and policies in order to ensure operational effectiveness.
- Identifies opportunities for the appropriate and cost-effective investments, related to IT systems and resources, including staffing, sourcing, purchasing and in-house development, in order to accommodate business needs and meet goals.
- Ensures that the design, selection, development and maintenance of business application systems are successfully integrated and operated within the Company’s business environment, so as to improve operational effectiveness throughout the Company.
- Ensures that all IT projects are properly planned and executed, according to the arranged time schedules and defined quality levels thus facilitating the smooth and unhindered operation across all departments.
- Directs the development, maintenance and troubleshooting of applications systems, network and hardware infrastructure, ensuring their sound operation according to security regulations and standards.
- Leads and directs the collaboration with clients and third parties, to facilitate all systems’ integration needs e.g. payment applications, reservation systems, B2C booking engines etc., with the purpose of providing high quality services to clients according to company’s standards.
- Liaises and handles relationships with software houses and relevant IT subcontractors, in order to fully meet corporate requirements and enhance IT service efficiency, effectiveness and quality throughout the Company.
- Keeps abreast of technology breakthroughs, developments and trends in order to identify and propose solutions and improvements that will enhance the efficiency, effectiveness and quality of IT services.
- Develops, submits and upon approval implements the MIS Division’s budget, oversees its accurate execution, identifies cost saving opportunities and proposes corrective actions in case of deviations, in order to ensure compliance with set targets.
- Contributes or/undertakes special projects according to the company’s needs and proceeds to all required actions to ensure their successful completion.
- Coordinates, coaches and motivates his subordinates, through the appropriate training, development, and performance management to ensure that staff have the appropriate knowledge, skills and support that will help them perform effectively and contribute to the achievement of the Department’s short and long-term objectives.
- Degree in IT / Computer Engineering or related field from an accredited college or university
- At least 10 years of relevant work experience. Minimum 7 years at senior management level
- Experience in the Hospitality and Tourism / Cruising Industry, Travel and hotel will be considered as an advantage
- Previous Strategic Leadership of IT Function
- Flexible and adaptable to internal client needs
- Advisory skills, Communication and interpersonal skills
- People management skills
- Project management skills
- Ability to analyze and synthesize information from the operations into IT applications
- Knowledge of the local and regional IT providers
- Fluency in English