Workshop – Preparation for a Successful Interview in English
A workshop delivered in English (for non-native speakers) suitable for professionals who are looking for new challenges abroad and who want to be fully prepared for the all-important interview phase.
Robert Harris is a Certified Professional Trainer with nineteen years’ experience training and coaching non-native English speakers. He has spent most of his professional life outside his native UK, gaining insight into and learning to work effectively in culturally diverse...
The Interview Success Workshop, delivered in English, will provide you with the tools, techniques, strategies and, above all, the confidence for “getting that job’ with a foreign-based company. A job advertisement for a position you are interested in or hypothetically could be interested in will form the foundation of the workshop and, as a result, ensure authenticity. Role play is used extensively to provide opportunities to “try things out” and ensure that you are fully and professionally prepared for the big event.
The workshop objectives are to:
- Develop effective interview techniques
- Tangibly improve our performance during interviews
- Match skills and competencies with Job requirements
- Review different types of interviews and their purpose
- Identify the types of questions you will be asked in an interview
- Develop appropriate work experience examples for maximum impact
- Use non-verbal communication appropriately and effectively
- Identify cultural considerations in an interview
- Avoid interview traps and mistakes
- Effectively develop pre-interview strategy
- Effectively develop post-interview strategy
- Adapt to various behavioural styles DISC
- Learn how to use the STAR Technique (Situation, Task, Action, Result)
The Training Method is Workshop. The philosophy is to ‘Learn by doing’, using Experiential Learning Techniques. Each participant will have to apply all the modules in practice in individual and group exercises and role-plays.