Core Network Planning Engineer, Nicosia, Cyprus – CNPE/07/20
Our client, a well established Telecommunications company is looking to employ a dynamic professional to enhance its team
The Core Network Planning Engineer will be responsible for designing, dimensioning, planning, delivering and reporting for the Core Networks. Furthermore, providing cost optimized, reliable and high-performance Core Networks solutions, according to the epic overall strategic targets and the guidelines given by Core Networks Planning Manager.
Position’s Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans, designs and dimensions (hardware and software) the elements of the Core Networks.
- Prepares and applies detailed configuration instructions.
- Designs and dimensions the intra- and inter-connectivity with other networks and/or high-level elements of the network (e.g. MSS, MGW, MME, SGSN, S/P-GW, GGSN, MGCF, BSC, RNC).
- Instructs and authorizes configuration changes and implementation of new and existing elements in the Core Networks.
- Implements configuration changes of new and existing elements in the Core Networks.
- Orders hardware, features, functionalities and software releases for the Core Networks.
- Prepares customer solutions in the Core Networks.
- Generates performance and optimization reports for the elements of the Core Networks.
- Participates in the acceptance tests of new elements and features in the Core Networks.
- Contacts vendors, exchanging information for software and hardware upgrades.
- Analyzes overall network impact of proposed configuration changes.
- Studies new technologies and proposes improvements in the Core Networks.
- Documents network configurations, maintaining an updated library with the configurations of the network.
- Monitors daily health of the Core Network Elements and works to solve issues that might arise
- Receives and troubleshoots customer complaints as reported by Customer Care agents in a timely manner
- Be a part of an on-call support scheme for critical incidents
- Acquiring a degree in Electronic Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Telecommunications Engineering or Computer Science
- Postgraduate degree in Electronic Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, preferably with a specialization in Telecommunications or Networks will be considered as an advantage
- A least 2 years’ experience in a similar position.
- Knowledge of mobile and fixed/DSL network concepts, architectures and communication flows
- Knowledge of signalling systems, e.g. SS7, SIGTRAN
- Knowledge of signalling protocols, e.g. ISUP, MAP, SIP
- Knowledge of LAN/WAN switching and routing technologies and protocols
- Capability to generate and analyse measurement reports
- Good knowledge of Unix or Linux
- Fluent written and spoken Greek and English
- Very strong analytical and problem solving skills