Legal Manager, Nicosia – LMN/07/20
Our client, a well established company operating in the technology industry, is searching for a high calibre professional to join its offices in Nicosia
The legal team provides effective, timely and consistently high-quality advice to the business on commercial, corporate transactions and operational matters. They identify and manage risk and to assist in the exploitation of commercial opportunities. This position will manage the work flow process for all legal, compliance matters in cooperation with regulatory and business risk department with the same division.
Position’s Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Legal and Regulatory Director the successful candidate sets the strategy and goals for the Legal team in alignment with the larger organizational goals and must be able to lead complex legal projects that span legal, business, and functional boundaries.
- Develop and deliver legal compliance programme for the operations, products and services with main focus on consumer and data protection laws
- Manage overall contract management processes in close cooperation with procurement division (that involves drafting and negotiation on a range of commercial and technology contracts)
- Advising, instructing and managing external lawyers and litigation
- Delegation and supervision of work to other staff members of the legal division
- At least 5 years corporate / commercial legal experience as part of a large corporate or private practice firm. Expertise in commercial and data protection as a core competence
- At least 2 years of managerial experience
- Ability to prioritise effectively and handle a heavy workload with multiple priorities and deadlines in a changing and complex environment
- Able to translate complex legal issues into simple, actionable outcomes
- Excellent drafting skills and fluency both in Greek and English