Purchasing Officer, Nicosia – PO/12/19
Our client, a well-established group operating in the FMCG industry, is looking for a young energetic professional to join their team.
The successful candidate will negotiate with vendors to secure products and services for their company; and being responsible for managing all inventory. He or she will often work with the company’s finance department to verify payments and to confirm delivery of goods and completion of services. Duties include vendor selection and bidding process review, supervision and management of the purchasing department, customer service, ensuring prompt payment and delivery and managing proposal requests.
Position’s Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze price proposals, financial reports, and other information to determine reasonable prices
- Negotiate contracts on behalf of their organization
- Attend meetings, trade shows, and conferences to learn about new industry trends and make contacts with suppliers
- Evaluate and monitor contracts to be sure that vendors and supplies comply with the terms and conditions of the contract and to determine the need for changes
- Work out agreements with suppliers, such as when products will be delivered
- Maintain records of goods ordered and received.
- Control purchasing department budgets.
- Review purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy.
- Analyze market and delivery systems in order to assess present and future material availability.
- Develop and implement purchasing and contract management instructions, policies, and procedures.
- Acquiring a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Management, Economics or any other related field.
- Acquiring at least 3 years of previous related experience. Experience in Retail or FMCG industry will be considered as an advantage
- Fluency in Greek and English languages (both written and verbal)
- good oral and written communication skills;
- strong analytical skills and commercial awareness;
- an excellent standard of numeracy in order to analyse facts and figures; (very good excel knowledge will be considered as an advantage)
- negotiation skills